Vitesse Fuel Tank Drain Plug Bracket

Mark B

no grudge .  just reading a new book about Rootes Group and the humber hillman  sunbeam singer commer karrier in the 1960 exported to 187 countries ...as did many of the past lost manufactures ,  many failures were due to labour disputes  BL being one seriously affected 

all history and water under the bridge ....

3 hours ago, NonMember said:

It could be worse - the morning after the referendum my local BBC radio interviewed some old codgers who'd voted leave because "we fought a war against that lot".

I also heard the argument for Remain: "we want to be able to go on Stag parties to Prague / I want my son to be able to backpack round Europe / we don't want all the bother of having to get a visa for our summer holiday" etc etc.

I'm glad they got THEIR priorities right, and listed the important things...

Pete, Must admit I preferred the Audax based cars to the later models. They were a good basic design and well screwed together. But like all cars of that time rust was the main problem.

Is Brexit well screwed together. Not to sure, but I fear it may also suffer rust in the long term!

Dave 

13 minutes ago, dave.vitesse said:

Pete, Must emit I preferred the Audax based cars to the later models. They were a good basic design and well screwed together. But like all cars of that time rust was the main problem.

Is Brexit well screwed together. Not to sure, but I fear it may also suffer rust in the long term!

Dave 

A descent brexit seems to be just "Screwed"..............     

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Sort of interesting this as I will at some point before?. Have to refit the tank, Its a nice tank and appears to have been replaced in recent times as it is looking nicely "unmolested" but still has a Drain Plug?. So do I fit a Plate ans Sponge thingy?. If so are Plates still available (I cant see one in the various boxes of assorted "bits" which came in/With the vehicle.

Brexit however is a subject that is IMV on par with Religion and should never be discussed in the wardroom.

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

I recon a good plastering of sealer under the floor to seal the drain  to the floor even make a plate with a better sized hole ,  of you need to remove the tank it will peel apart

and ditch the soggy wet foam pad and bracket thingy.

Pete

Ah!. Yes the old "Gunge". I have some, It is/was used to seal the roofs to Caravans. (though they too tended to leak after time), Maybe sikaflex?. It has a tendency to "Stick like s**t".

Pete

I made a "plate" box thingy to cover the drain etc. Not difficult, made out of very thin ali and self tappers to fix (short ones!)

I wasn't over fussy about making it watertight (ie the corners just butted together), but with a squirt of waxy stuff it never got wet inside the boot.