A A Bling

Paul H

Hello Paul,

IIRC, that should have a plastic back plate which secures to the mid-point you see in the second photo. From this the 2x securing screws attach which then allows the badge to be bolted to the grill.

You may find one of these at the Stoneleigh show next Sunday - if you are going ??

Your badge is period correct for your car as these were issued from 1967 onwards.

Regards.

Richard.

8 minutes ago, classiclife said:

Hello Paul,

IIRC, that should have a plastic back plate which secures to the mid-point you see in the second photo. From this the 2x securing screws attach which then allows the badge to be bolted to the grill.

You may find one of these at the Stoneleigh show next Sunday - if you are going ??

Your badge is period correct for your car as these were issued from 1967 onwards.

Regards.

Richard.

Not going to Stoneleigh this year , I’ve seen picks of the backplate and can copy, though hoping for an easier solution

Paul

1 hour ago, classiclife said:

Could the centre mount take a drill and then tap a thread, or even cut the drilled hole with a self tapper if the metal is soft enough ??

It's more like Mazak so won't really take anything that causes any kind of stress; I'd be inclined to glue a good sturdy rawlplug over it and then push that through a backplate, same as the original idea.

Araldite 2 bolts on the back. Or make a plate, drill 2 holes like original type, tack weld together. the use foam tape to stick that to the back of the badge.

TBH I like the "buy a complete one" as the best idea..... and sell yours on to recoup your loss.