Triumph Spitfire 4

Hi all,

I recently purchased one of only a handful of Triumph Spitfire mk1's still roaming the road in the UK. It runs (ish) and looks fantastic but does need a good bit of work to bring it up to a modern standard that hopefully running reliably but after 3 months I already have a looooong list of parts to buy :)

I'm hoping to bring this car to many car shows once it's fit and proper! Here's me (I'm 6"5...) fitting inside after taking delivery!

See you all soon,

Tux

IMG_20181217_205826_273.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Tux. 

Well done on your choice of car, the mk1s and 2s are certainly the best looking Spitfires and yours looks superb. You will find all the help and advice you need, from the many experts on here, to get it running as you want it to be, so ask away.

Adrian

Welcome fella. I also have a mark 1. Got her the beginning of last year and I'm 6'4. Really hope to see you around at some of the events. I'm defo doing the big meet in august if your attending. 

Grant 

Thanks all for the welcome. There's a bit of engine tuning to do before I can commit to coming to a meet-up but fingers crossed I can.

Blitz, the chances of finding someone whos as tall as me with the same car and who also hails from Rotherham must be pretty damn small :P 

Tux

That I do, try to hop over when I can. I'll let you know if I can make any of the events. I'm hoping to get most of the engine timing issues sorted this week so we'll see!

I'll also try to get some more pictures up of my spitfire soon.

Tux

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

As promised I've taken some more pictures of the Spit. Had a decent run today with the weather being glorious but with it being a bank holiday in north wales, it means the roads are crammed.

Finally have the engine and throttle tuned so now it's fun to drive, how the hell anyone drove it before me with old setup is a mystery. Now I could drive it anywhere and actually feel confident in it!

Blitz, which event are you referring to? Can't see it in events?

Tux

20190419_190559.jpg

20190419_190535.jpg

20190419_190553.jpg

20190419_190547_HDR.jpg

• Like 3