GT6 mk 3 wiper motor wiring grommet at bulkhead

Adrian Saunders

Hi guys. I’m assuming that the best way to get a grommet around the wiper motor wiring on a GT6 mk3 is to extract the push-ons from out of the multi-plug and slip a grommet over the (much smaller) connectors / wiring rather than the multi-plug, and then to insert the elec conn’s back into the plug.  Has anyone done it this way or is there a better way? Picture attached, not my car though, the lower of the two grommets. As always, your help is most appreciated. 

4FFD41B2-41E7-4A8C-90D5-1FA88ED79C34.jpeg

I use an old Hellerman sleeving tool for jobs like that; it's really for expanding electrical rubber sleeving, but works really well on grommets too.

You can usually find these for sale on your favorite auction site? 

A new one can be pricey, but a vintage one is ideal, search for vintage Hellerman tool.

I also use it for speedo and tachometer grommets -  anywhere where expansion is needed.

Failing this it may be down to the way you've already outlined.

David

screenshot20190429_044109657.png

I’ve changed the grommets for Lucas ones from AutoSparks Ltd. # 503 for the wiring and # 505 for the wiper tube. Both are a much closer fit and the stretch of the grommets is good. I also got a new plug from AutoSparks. The blue connector detached during fitting, it’s time for the solder and shrink wrap. 

B3728054-F175-4EA7-B979-37E961368243.jpeg