Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Would anyone be able to get me some measurements of the footrest to the vertical and horizontal mounting faces of the tunnel and an approx angle that it leans. I know there’s no precision required here, the measurements will be a good starting point though. Thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello

Just measured my footrest for a GT 6, this measuring the metal bracket (the section the foot actually touches and without the rubber on) and from the inside edge of the cardboard tunnel (non metal side/ non body side)

The bottom sits 18mm from the horizontal, gap between the bottom of the metal support and the section of the tunnel that sits on the floor.

The bottom of the bracket is 100mm from the vertical edge of the tunnel the section that placed against the bulk head.

The top of the bracket is 82mm from the same surface as above.

Hopefully that makes sense if not I could attempt to add a picture tomorrow.

Graham

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Graham C said:

Hello

Just measured my footrest for a GT 6, this measuring the metal bracket (the section the foot actually touches and without the rubber on) and from the inside edge of the cardboard tunnel (non metal side/ non body side)

The bottom sits 18mm from the horizontal, gap between the bottom of the metal support and the section of the tunnel that sits on the floor.

The bottom of the bracket is 100mm from the vertical edge of the tunnel the section that placed against the bulk head.

The top of the bracket is 82mm from the same surface as above.

Hopefully that makes sense if not I could attempt to add a picture tomorrow.

Graham

Graham, thank you. I’ll check this out tonight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, derekskill said:

 I hope this helps, it was taken when I was changing the clutch slave cylinder,  the alloy panel is removable to get to the gearbox filler. No dimensions unfortunately...

20180705_144718.jpg

WOW... That is brilliant. I really like the whole concept of the plate and the footrest.  Do you mind me pinching the idea... you should patent it!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thankyou,  I did that a lot of years ago and it has paid dividends. I tie the carpet up out of the way with string when working there. There is a backing plate/frame the same size with a cutout and 6x captive nuts in it, fastened to the tunnel side,  remove 6x screws and the filler plug is right there. The screws are dome-headed allen screws, they are easier to remove and re-insert with an allen key than ordinary slotted screws were. Also, I found that a half inch AF socket is a good fit on the filler plug; topping up or changing the oil is a doddle. A bit of a parp doing it but WELL worth doing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/05/2019 at 16:28, derekskill said:

 I hope this helps, it was taken when I was changing the clutch slave cylinder,  the alloy panel is removable to get to the gearbox filler. No dimensions unfortunately...

20180705_144718.jpg

Hi Derek, please excuse me, but, where’s the bulge for the starter? My access hole is further to the left than yours too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/05/2019 at 21:58, Graham C said:

Hello

Just measured my footrest for a GT 6, this measuring the metal bracket (the section the foot actually touches and without the rubber on) and from the inside edge of the cardboard tunnel (non metal side/ non body side)

The bottom sits 18mm from the horizontal, gap between the bottom of the metal support and the section of the tunnel that sits on the floor.

The bottom of the bracket is 100mm from the vertical edge of the tunnel the section that placed against the bulk head.

The top of the bracket is 82mm from the same surface as above.

Hopefully that makes sense if not I could attempt to add a picture tomorrow.

Graham

Hello Graham, I’ve attached a picture of a footrest positioned roughly to the dimensions you gave me. Does that look similar to yours? It doesn’t fit the tunnel very well at all. Is this common with the replacement, plastic ones? 

9CF7CDA4-2667-4007-8DDF-5BAF87606ED1.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, derekskill said:

Adrian, please accept my apologies, the pic I've posted is of my 1500 Spitfire tunnel cover. I didn't realise that the GT6 is different, sorry.

Very diplomatically explained, Pete!

Derek, rest assured, I will incorporate the cover/ foot rest if I can. I am looking to (primary) mount the footrest at the bulkhead and the tunnel secondary. I will of course share everything. 

Thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your position does not seem to far off. Any chance of temporary fitting the foot rest and installing the tunnel to see how you foot rests upon it. Sorry about the orientation of the pictures first time for posting pictures.

Graham

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Graham C said:

Your position does not seem to far off. Any chance of temporary fitting the foot rest and installing the tunnel to see how you foot rests upon it. Sorry about the orientation of the pictures first time for posting pictures.

Graham

Hi Graham, is this a GT6 tunnel? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The area of the tunnel that the footrest fixes to isn’t big enough. I can’t get all three fixings in as the foot rest overhangs. Area not big enough &/or larger radii on the plastic tunnels or, have I got the wrong footrest? Can anyone send the dimensions of the footrest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys, I assumed that Triumph used one footrest across all small chassis cars, not so according to Canley C’s parts lists. So, do I have the wrong one? Pictures below demonstrating the dimensions. 

P1: 3 1/4” wide 

P2: 2 1/4” high

P3: 3 1/2” long 

C9884DEB-2099-4A7D-9077-C98063FCFB5A.jpeg

863CBC21-1AF6-41E5-AA5A-25C68F569368.jpeg

A10DCA0B-6E61-4F19-AFD3-0151E76D1BEE.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Adrian

I have measured my footrest and have the same as yours. My pictures show approx 3/4 to an 1 gap between foot rest and inside edge of tunnel ( not bulk head side)

Let me know what measurement you want off the tunnel to compare tunnels?

Graham

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...