Bell exhaust vs Rimmer

rulloyd

Any opinion of quality of Bell vs Rimmer

Prices are much of a muchness but the TSSC shop tell me Bell is highest quality.  No idea who supplies Rimmer.

Bell offer 10 years guarantee, Rimmers 'Lifetime'.

Buying a complete SS 'standard' type exhaust for GT6 Mk2.

Many thanks

Rich

Rich,

I bought my first Stainless Steel from Rimmers, only lasted 35 years! (SS OK, but welds and baffles shot) I should have kept the receipt, but they rely on that. 

I got the replacement from the club shop, Bell, works fine. Will it last 35 years? Will I last 35 years? :lol: If the money's the same I would go with the club shop.

Doug

The centre box is standard on the standard system, but can be used on other configurations. One of the East Berks massive wanted my old centre box to quieten down his sports system. Sadly the welds on old box were shot. Dunno who made Rimmer's 35 years ago but it didn't seem much different from the new Bell's.

Doug

Thanks for the opinions, much appreciated.  Rimmer exhausts aren't manufacturer marked and the parts guy couldn't find out where they came from.  I've aske Bell if they supply Rimmer out of interest (waiting for a reply)

Interestingly the 'Standard' GT6 Mk3 exhaust from both Rimmer and SportsSix has a centre box, the Mk2 (like mine) does not.  I don't think this was an original feature of the Mk3?

I'll check the warranty on the Bell system but probably go with that.

Many thanks

Rich

2 hours ago, rulloyd said:

I don't think this was an original feature of the Mk3?

It wasn't on the MK2 but the workshop manual shows it on the MK3. My MK3 is a 1973, the old exhaust I took off in 1978 was original and had a central box.

Doug

16 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

As said club shop will give you lifetime .on bell ..if you can stop  the reciept from going invisible  !!!

Its pointless asking traders for a supply chain they keep things like that as a closed shop to protect their sales integrity

Pete

Well the  guy at Rimmers did genuinly try to find out bless him!  Paddocks have been pretty upfront in the past.  Good to know that they get their carpet sets / interior trim from Newton (as do Rimmers) but in the case of Paddocks are far cheaper than Newtons direct (or Rimmers of course).

Classical Dash (tell me) they supply Rimmers and are a lot cheaper direct. Quality is perfect.

BTW, I talked to Bell.  They don't supply Rimmers but they do supply Moss (and TSSC of course).

Cheers, Rich