Distributors

Gadgetman

Thanks. I’ll go with the Lucas. It’s a 41168 B so it’s from a 2 Ltr.  It has 167 after it so I guess it’s from Jan 67 

will the springs need changing as it’s going in a mildly got at 1600 with a 2 Ltr cam and ported head with 6-3-1 exhaust and are the fly weights the same on both 1600 & 2 Ltr?

i guess the only real way to tell will be to rolling road it once it’s all fitted 

As you say, best option is rolling road with updates between runs to find the best advance curve for your engine.

You could use a programmable 123tune,  16-pre-programmed curves or the more expensive fully-programmable ones (USB or Bluetooth) 

if you are paying by the hour for rolling road time, the second option could end up being more cost-effective.

...... Andy 

Thanks for that Andy

i was going to get my old distributor overhauled. I wasn’t aware of 123 Ignition. 

I’ve  e mailed them for prices. It may be a more cost effective option as the overhaul is around £200 to put it back to as new spec.   So more expensive to convert but as you say I’ll be paying by the hour on the RR so cheaper in the long term!

8 hours ago, AndyTV8 said:

As you say, best option is rolling road with updates between runs to find the best advance curve for your engine.

You could use a programmable 123tune,  16-pre-programmed curves or the more expensive fully-programmable ones (USB or Bluetooth) 

if you are paying by the hour for rolling road time, the second option could end up being more cost-effective.

...... Andy 

11 hours ago, AndyTV8 said:

Make sure you really need one in the long term (wanting is, of course, a completely different thing!). It's great to talk about having infinite variations of tuning, and all of the different advance curves, and then you find you never need more than one, so it can be a lot of wasted cash. I had one on the GT6, and went back to the Delco.

• Like 1