What the value for a Vitesse 1600 please.?

Bfg

Someone from near Cardiff  rang me yesterday regarding a Norton Commando I have for sale.  In the course of conversation I explained that I was all but giving up more powerful motorcycles and am looking to buy a Triumph TR4A..  With the mention of Triumph he then asked if I would be interested in a green with white Vitesse 1600 convertible that he's recently inherited from a cousin.   I have my heart set on a TR4 so I'm not in the market for a Vitesse but I said I'd ask you guys if you might help with a current range of values for this model.  He describes that car as being quite tidy but unused for the past three years.  I looked in the classified section but there appears to be just one 2ltr Vitesse for sale at the moment, which of course doesn't help with his being a 1600..

Many thanks, Pete.

A well set up 1600 is very good and will give you a good smile  its the sweetest engine and free reving 

If on strombergs it makes 82bhp some simple upgrades adds more,  mine was a flyer

You can see insurance valuation comparisons on the main website downloads under the https://www.tssc.org.uk/tssc/about.asp

Whilst there were daft comments about 1600 parts not being available thats not correct its a s well supported as the 2ltr and with many parts for all being used up and less available theres not much difference in the supply line 

Pete

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Values?  This has appeared, via the Triumph Vitesse International Facebook page:

https://www.lesanciennes.com/annonce/A273456-ventes-auto-triumph-vitesse-racing-passeport-ffs-1967.html?ftype=vo&fcat=autos&search=triumph+vitesse&fbclid=IwAR0uzXgFbc1OrmWRwy8vomYnzAPSneETyM7lAjf4PY8wY5jhQBZyDDLb1AY

45,000 Euros - £38,600!   But it does have antigyroscopic transmission, enormous palmares and victoires!

JOhn

26 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

well its not a Vit6  = 1600  thats a mk2 head ..........where did the ally head come from ??  

cant see that in the script 

Pete

Pete

I reckon the Cylinder heads just painted Silver?

It looks a beast though, love the stance and those wide rear Wheels/Tyres☺️

Gary