Re placing old zeibart

Chris Bracey

Hi . Having stripped and treated rust I want to replaced the the same effect as the old zeibart had. What products are now used and is there alternatives to black waxoyl? I am a bit wary of stone chip because I have seen water work it's way under the coating.

What's the latest thoughts and are there any articles about it.

Hi Chris,

before you put any underseal on you must ensure that the paint scheme is top notch.

Quality primer (Bondarust primer works very well), quality top coat.

Gravitex comes in Black, White, Grey. Can be applied by brush or gun. Sets quickly with a nice finish. It can then be painted over. A gloss top coat will help water drain off.

For any product on the underside of the car you must check it annually and sort out problems immediately.

You can only do the best you can.

Roger 

Thanks for the replies . On my midget I treated rust and the gloss painted it over bondaprimer so I could easily check it . I asked because  I found the original paint under the zeibart and thought "do I want to loose that link to its originality" sothought I should try to match  to the original . 

My gut feel is to just use  paint but will probably relent to save a link. Has anyone had these products on for a long time?

I have used the Dinitrol hard black wax on my Spitfire. Many thousands of miles in all weathers, including long fast motorway journeys in the wet, the wax is still intact in the wheel arches (much to my surprise) 

I will be using it on the wifes MX5 once I get a dry day and a free driveway

4 hours ago, daverclasper said:

Hi Clive. Would the 1 litre cans (used with a compressor) be ok to use as "brush on", if warmed up first, do you know please?.

Thanks, Dave

I have brushed the stuff on, unwarmed (but in the summer season) and that worked well enough. That was my Toledo after some underside welding...