SIP 130 Turbo Mig welder Issues.

PeteH

HI.

So today the Mig refused to boot. Stripped it out and played around eventually, I thought the issue was with the wire feed controller. As I have a "failed" SIP 100 I substituted the board from that, And surprise, surprise. It is now working!! Hurrah? So I now need to source a board for this model as I suspect that the 100 board will not be "man" enough in the long term.

Anyone know of suppliers? most of the online sources are for "consumables" and not parts?

A good link to bookmark. I have the SIP Migmate 130 Turbo since 1995 and am only now getting round to using it myself! Rollers and wirefeed were badly rusted and needed serious cleaning but all else seems to be working fine; just the gas to sort out. It's good to know that other bits like that are available.

Apart from the normal sip issues, mine used to have the relay on the board stick shut. It controlled the wire feed, so wire would keep coming out until it was all unplugged. But with that I unprised the relay cover, cleaned up the contacts. Job done for a few hours welding, then repeat. (until I bought a more reliable welder...)