New Fuel tank

Roger89

1 hour ago, Nick Jones said:

Wish someone would make a GT6 equivalent. One that isn’t a fabrication costing £ 500......

Wouldn’t have thought that Spitfire ones were rare enough to be worth remanufacturing?

Nick

Nick,

Which GT6 model fuel tank do you need?

Rich who goes as rcrewread on the TR Reg forum has had some alloy GT6 fuel tanks made, for Mk1/Mk2 if I recall. Saw him at Stratford and he had them there, looked good to me. Don't think he wanted as much as £500.

PM me if you need Rich's contact details.

Nigel

Having been unable to find a usable replacement for my GT6 Mk1 I went down the aluminium route with http://www.alicool.co.uk/f-tanks-triumph.html.  Product was a work of art that was made on ordering and only needed a bit of fettling on the horizontal mounting flange to fit my car.  Would use them again if required.

Dick

Mines a Mk3. I’m hoping the issue has been overcome now, (it’s holding fuel at the moment), but it was a long and painful journey involving replacing most of the bottom of the tank, then soldering the weld, plus various cleaning, rust treatment and sealing products that promised more than they delivered.

Nick

• 1 month later...