MOT extension

68vitesse

4 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Get it delivered, shout thanks to Postie, open it, put parts on car, wash hands, then wait for two days. Has worked so far...

No! No! No! Wash hands AFTER opening the box and tipping the bits out. Otherwise lurge is all over the bits! You haven't got the hang of this have you?

Doug

3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

doug is right, but if you don't touch the car for two days...   five might be better!  Can you wait that long?

After a day like today, I could walk away and leave the garage locked for a decade. Bl**dy thing's still blowing fuses, not the wiper motor as I thought, so half the dashboard, gloveboxes, centre console and steering column removed and all the wiring spread out and checked. No breaks, chafes or other damage that I can see. Down to two replacement fuses unless the Postie comes tomorrow...

MOT's in one week, but if it's not all sorted by Monday I'll cancel. Can't take it out these days anyway!

Just been dumping my deliveries in spare bedroom to ignore for a few days.

Been giving the Vitesse a service last couple of days, need to drive the car to heat up the oil but only essential journeys allowed but I can go for a walk.

Apparently driving to an area for a walk is not classed as essential.

Regards

Paul

Come on be sensible!     If you can be sure NOT to have to be within 2m of a stranger, or to use public  facilities, then a drive is like staying at home.

But maybe NOT in an unreleiable, classic car that hasn't hade an MoT, or doing so to popular walkin g areas, like public parks, or stately homes.     
john

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

After a day like today, I could walk away and leave the garage locked for a decade. Bl**dy thing's still blowing fuses, not the wiper motor as I thought, so half the dashboard, gloveboxes, centre console and steering column removed and all the wiring spread out and checked. No breaks, chafes or other damage that I can see. Down to two replacement fuses unless the Postie comes tomorrow.

I am sure there I see a way to use a bulb in place of a fuse to trace shorts, saves getting through lots of fuses

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JohnD said:

Come on be sensible!     If you can be sure NOT to have to be within 2m of a stranger, or to use public  facilities, then a drive is like staying at home.

But maybe NOT in an unreleiable, classic car that hasn't hade an MoT, or doing so to popular walkin g areas, like public parks, or stately homes.     
john

UNRELIABLE !!!!!! wash your mouth out.

Regards

Paul

• 2 months later...

Latest on the MOT over here is that they're recommencing from July 20th on a very restricted basis - allegedly for cars that cannot avail of a TEC, such as cars that have had no MOT within the last 12 months, which will include my GT6. 

We can phone (phone only) for an appointment from July 1st so assuming I can get an appointment, I'll have three weeks to get the GT6 ready and might actually save some of this summer from complete Triumph-less gloom.

On 27/03/2020 at 12:44, Colin Lindsay said:

Went shopping this morning, there were so many customers with scarves over their faces, it was like a Bank Robber's Convention

I recently had the surreal experience of walking into a bank wearing a mask. I made a lame joke to the cashier who gave a withering look. I thing she’d heard it before.

Doug