What are these panels??

jiggawhat2k

Top (red) ones are repair sections only, not full panels, and they go around the rear wheel arch. Hold one against the side of the car and you'll see the profile.

As Rob says the other is the outer part of the wheelarch in behind the rear wing; if you look at that area you'll see the seam running right up and around the wheelarch. That's the outer part closest to the wing.

• Thanks 1

HI

Wish Mine had come with a pair!. I fabricated out of sheet steel, Using a "home made" wooden former, a couple of lengths of Angle iron in a vice and a Small "anvil". The weld leaves much to be desired though!, strong but ugly, I think best describes the end result. Thank the lord (and Aldi) for Angle grinders and 40 grit flap discs!. Now I need some front wing corner repair patches, that is going to be a "challenge". The wheel arch section(s) will be the easier

P.S.That is where they Fit!.

image.thumb.png.b7d76fdf97bc08aa4c2096d6525090e9.png

Pete.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PeteH said:

HI

Wish Mine had come with a pair!. I fabricated out of sheet steel, Using a "home made" wooden former, a couple of lengths of Angle iron in a vice and a Small "anvil". The weld leaves much to be desired though!, strong but ugly, I think best describes the end result. Thank the lord (and Aldi) for Angle grinders and 40 grit flap discs!. Now I need some front wing corner repair patches, that is going to be a "challenge". The wheel arch section(s) will be the easier

P.S.That is where they Fit!.

image.thumb.png.b7d76fdf97bc08aa4c2096d6525090e9.png

Pete.

I'm impressed by anyone doing their own welding, however rough it might be! Looks tidy to me

23 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Top (red) ones are repair sections only, not full panels, and they go around the rear wheel arch. Hold one against the side of the car and you'll see the profile.

As Rob says the other is the outer part of the wheelarch in behind the rear wing; if you look at that area you'll see the seam running right up and around the wheelarch. That's the outer part closest to the wing.

Cheers Colin! I'll stash them away for when the rot returns (hopefully never...)