Vitesse seat fixing thingymebob

Hello All,

Spent an immensely entertaining few hours this afternoon removing the front seats and carpets in preparation for the installation of my new moulded carpet set. The most fun was had with the removal of the rear bolts holding the seat runners down to the floor. These should have a metal clip that holds the nut inside the floor box section, but a previous owner of my car had presumably lost these and simply used the nuts without the clip. This made it a bit of a chore to get the bolts out, so I'd like to source a pair of the required clips. I've attached some pictures, and just wondered if anyone had some of these sitting in a drawer in the workshop going spare.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Ian

DSC06240.JPG

DSC06241.JPG

DSC06242.JPG

Hello Ian,

I had a problem with these daft things when I swapped to MGF seats, I drilled straight through the floor and made load mounting plates to fit under the car when all bolted together.

Certainly a far more robust system than those items pictured, but the nature of the MGF seat fitting required adaptation.

Regards.

Richard.

59 minutes ago, classiclife said:

Hello Ian,

I had a problem with these daft things when I swapped to MGF seats, I drilled straight through the floor and made load mounting plates to fit under the car when all bolted together.

Certainly a far more robust system than those items pictured, but the nature of the MGF seat fitting required adaptation.

Regards.

Richard.

Thanks Richard,

I'm going to be living with the OE seats for the time being.........recovering the MGF seats in Shadow Blue is a project for when the bank balance is a bit healthier........at that point I'll be implementing a more robust mounting along the lines that you have suggested.

Regards,

Ian  

My Tr7 seats are stuck in place, they don't slide and the captive bolt just spins in the floor. It's going to cause me some bother when I work up the enthusiasm to go back to it again.

When I can get back to the in-laws after this period of house arrest I'm going to have them remanufacture some more seat spacers for the Herald and maybe the GT6 too, it keeps the runners off the floor and helps them slide more easily. As with Richard's seats, my GT6 versions are just drilled through the floor to reinforcing plates, but in the Herald there's a different setup so it's not as easy.

On 02/04/2020 at 10:22, Colin Lindsay said:

My Tr7 seats are stuck in place, they don't slide and the captive bolt just spins in the floor. It's going to cause me some bother when I work up the enthusiasm to go back to it again.

Angle Grinder?.