GT6 rear speakers

rulloyd

I used to have round speakers mounted in the rear side panels (the ones above the wheel arch) but interested to know is anybody has fitted speakers in the flat panels covering the two voids under the rear hatch please?  Seems like an obvious place to put them?

Obviously with some reinforcement. 

Or other ideas?

Many thanks

Rich

Yes you can fit them in there but it's quite a flat section so you don't have much depth; I used pod speakers with a sloping rear edge that sat under the lip rather than setting any kind of speaker into the trim itself. Be careful how you mount them as I had huge Radiomobile triangular pod speakers there in my Mk3, but only stuck to the carpet with velcro; if you braked too hard they broke away and came bouncing to the rear seat.. :)

DSCF7907.jpg.b4e9fc62f46129316e116dcbc8140f55.jpg

Thanks for teh advice all.  Probably a lot simpler to go front.

Doug - what speakers have you used?  Presume they are narrow?  Also, what did you mean (I have to know!!):

6 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Thanks to the P.O. Wish he’d got the straight! 😡

Many thanks

Rich

Rich,

Fumble fingers!

I wish he’d got THEM straight! The tops of the covers are not horizontal, one slopes one way, one the other. Doesn’t notice until you know! 😡

Below are the speakers I bought, I got this size to fit behind the existing facia. The old speakers were 70s and had cardboard cones. Moderns have plastic and much better reproduction.

I could have got bigger ones in with a bigger grill, but I was anxious about fouling the window mechanism.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JVC-500-WATTS-5-25-Inch-13cm-Dual-Cone-Car-Van-Door-Dash-Shelf-Speakers-Pair/142190688655?epid=3026382728&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item211b39b98f:g:cxEAAOSwcUBYODcd