Polyurethane bushes

I want to use Polyurethane bushes on my GT6 restoration but not sure which manufacturer to go with. The club shop stock Superflex Poly bushes.

I'd like to know are Superflex the best and if so why.

Has anyone used an alternative and can give any feedback about quality and price.

Thanks

Andy

Hello Andy, I also used the blue comfort grade Polybushes in my 1500 Spit. I am delighted with the transformation, very comfortable and very happy with the handling, also quite a bit quieter. Sorry though, I can't comment on the difference in manufacturers.

I've got Polybush on my Spit. (c. 10 years) and Superflex on my 2000 (c. 5 years).  Can't say I can tell much difference (happy with both and both looking like they did the day they were fitted - unlike a set of rubber bushes would)

If you go on the Super-flex website, they have a video on the reasons why they believe they are better - Obviously this is to sell their product but it does make some good points about their machining of the bushes post the mold. It going to be my winter project 15/16 so let me know how you get on! 

Think its on YouTube as well

Has anyone used an alternative and can give any feedback about quality and price.

Thanks

Andy

I used the hard yellow bushes from ksclassiccarparts - Kevin was at the TSSC International for a few years and had a stand selling these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-SPITFIRE-HERALD-GT6-VITESSE-BOND-FRONT-WISHBONE-POLYURETHANE-BUSH-/251068317849?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a74d68099

I have them on the front suspension of my GT6 and found them excellent; I also have blue Polybushes on my diff and red polybushes on the rear radius arms, so an entire selection on one car. The red bushes are quite unforgiving, I needed a hydraulic press, but the yellow ones are good and I have two more sets for my Herald restorations when they’re ready for suspension.