Under seal

Robin

A previous owner had the chassis on my vitesse undersealed and it looks like it’s done a pretty good job . There’s one or two places where the underseal had come away exposing the metal - I don’t want to strip it all off so am I better applying some new underseal to the exposed areas or would a spray of wax be better? Any recommendations for products?

31 minutes ago, poppyman said:

Yep, simple as that :) It actually stops rust as well.

Tony.

Suggest clearing as much as the area as possible and overspray with Dynax . From my discussions with Bilthamber you can Dynax all the underseal 

Paul 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paul H said:

Suggest clearing as much as the area as possible and overspray with Dynax . From my discussions with Bilthamber you can Dynax all the underseal 

Paul 

That's good to know Paul, i have done just that on one of my cars and it seems to have "melted" into the underseal. Just hope i never have to scrape it off :) 

Tony.

• 1 month later...

The Absolute worst and messiest job immaginable!!!. Took weeks to get the Herald clean enough to accept paint!!. And you have to be so careful, It sticks to any footwear, and transfers indoors, where Management can get quite "uppity" about it!!. I too have used the Bilthammer products both internal (in the Chassis) and external, so hopefully I am on the right track!.

Pete

2 hours ago, PeteH said:

The Absolute worst and messiest job immaginable!!!. Took weeks to get the Herald clean enough to accept paint!!. And you have to be so careful, It sticks to any footwear, and transfers indoors, where Management can get quite "uppity" about it!!. I too have used the Bilthammer products both internal (in the Chassis) and external, so hopefully I am on the right track!.

Pete

One of the reasons why my Herald restoration has stalled. I want the bodyworker to replace some of the floorpans which will mean less old underseal to clean off the remaining bits, Lockdown has delayed it yet again... but it's still a nightmare job with no ending.