Any keepers here ?

Ascalon

I had a mild stroke last month.  This means that I cannot drive for at least a year, if not longer.  It therefore makes sense to get rid of some cars.   Any of these worth keeping more than any other ?

Aston Martin DB9 Volante, Alfa Romeo Guilia Quatrofoglio, Alfa Romeo 156 GTA Sportwagon, Triumph Herald 13/60 Estate, Audi RS4 V8 Estate.

cheers.

1 hour ago, avivalasvegas said:

Quite an eclectic collection. Sorry to hear about the stroke. I would ask yourself one question - if you recovered fully tomorrow and walked into your garage empty, which car would you miss the most? 

Work backwards from there. Best wishes for a speedy return to normal!

That’s a tough choice to make.    I could say the Aston, but with the rubbish weather we get in the U.K., it gets hardly any use, apart from touring Tuscany once a year and I could always hire a nice car for two or three weeks every summer.   I’d probably miss the Audi. It’s ferociously fast and FWD.  Not only that, but with triple black colouring it looks bloody good.     Cheers 

4 hours ago, clive said:

Sell what is easily replaceable or will suffer big depreciation. Keep stuff you like. 

Saying that, selling not easy at the moment, and no idea if restrictions will be lifted anytime soon.

Sound advice. Much appreciated.  Cheers.

On 21/12/2020 at 13:06, Colin Lindsay said:

+1 for the Herald Estate. Sell the others and use the money to keep the Herald safe.

The trouble is that the Herald is such an unpleasant car to drive.  It’s even more horrible than my 23 year old daughters   1959 Ford Anglia, which now she has sensibly swapped for an Alfa Romeo Giulietta.   I bought it because I didn’t want my five dogs buggering up my Audi RS4 V8 estate when I took them for a walk.    Unless it’s going to be a worthwhile money maker, which I doubt, it’ll have to go.  Cheers.

• 2 months later...