battery in boot Vitesse or Herald?

johny

Seperate earth wire worth thinking about, I must admit to only putting an earth bond strap across the rear to front tub joint ie at the centre outrigger location. Bond straps are similar to what we do on old wrought iron and mild steel large mains across the lead jointed pipe joints.

• Like 1

"Bonding", was also used the mitgate the effects of errosion due to the use of disimilar materials. Keeping the terminations clean was essential though!. I am looking to introduce a Earthing/bonding lead from front to rear when I re-wire.

Pete

The bonding was to enable impressed current to pass along the pipe line to control any corrosion from damaged pipe coatings or to stop the main being used as a sacrificial anode by other utilities assets. There’s a lot of horse trading between the authorities as to which asset will become the weak link in a particular area.

'Star Point Earthing' is very important and it is a'Black Art' to the uninformed. It is why some early CanBus systems throw up all sorts of non existent faults.

Look up 'Star Point Earthing' if you are interested. Very important in the Radio World (RFI/EMI).