Spit hazard rogue connector

chrisbladen

Anybody got any idea where this connector should go? It comes off the hazard connector, the hazard switch was never connected when i brought it so im unsure where it should go. It looks black so im guessing its just a ground connector but im just wandering as its got a spade on it if anyone knows the correct location for it to be connected behind the dash

Thanks

16188603314746197396694341987890.jpg

Yeh i checked the wiring diagrams and it does show as an earth but not where it connects. Hoping someone knows where its supposed to plug in. Its not that long so it cant be far away but its so tight behind the dash its a struggle to see if theres any empty lugs for it.

I did try a lug on the tacho which appears to be an earth as nothing else is connected to it, its the bottom most lug on the tacho that i tried, however the connector on the wire is much bigger than the lug on the tach so thats what made me doubt, but then again that may be the reason why it had fell off when it had been tucked up behind the dash???

I have seen spade connection with a ring for putting on behind the knurled bolt that hold the dial in position, if this was missed out you would no longer have its place to go . It could go to any body earth point, you could make another wire to connect if not long enough.