Vitesse Mk1 stainless steel exhaust

Bobtaylor

HI, I am going to buy a s/s exhaust for my Mk1 Vitesse. The ones supplied through the club are taking about 6 weeks or more. I have looked at Rimmer and they are quite expensive.

I have looked at J Paddocks, they have them in stock and are cheaper than Rimmers. The oIIInes they supply are made by FF Exhausts, anyone had any experience of this company?

Or can anyone suggest an alternative?

Bob

I fitted a Mk2 S/S standard system to my Mk1 many moons ago (cant remember make). This was because it was bigger bore, didnt have the middle box and was a lot cheaper but did require new stud holes to be drilled in its flange for connection to the manifold. For me the sound is just right and I havent got a peashooter sticking out of the back☺️

The only complaint I have is that the weld used to attach the backbox hanger bracket wasnt stainless so rapidly rusted to failure....

11 hours ago, Bobtaylor said:

HI, I am going to buy a s/s exhaust for my Mk1 Vitesse. The ones supplied through the club are taking about 6 weeks or more. I have looked at Rimmer and they are quite expensive.

I have looked at J Paddocks, they have them in stock and are cheaper than Rimmers. The oIIInes they supply are made by FF Exhausts, anyone had any experience of this company?

Or can anyone suggest an alternative?

Bob

Hi Bob

just curious have you replaced your bumpers if so where did you get them as I’m looking at replacing mine. The ones I have on now are ok but they do have the odd deep scratch and are a little dull ... 

Mark 

there was a suggestion a while back to have the adonised ally ones powder coated as chrome /satin 

cheap and looked very original , its a better option to consider 

club shop did get some extruded but the manufacturer could not make the  corners  without splitting  the idea was shelved 

Pete