Seats with head restraints

Wagger

My poor long suffering wife had a riding accdent as a child and had to have three fusions in her neck in her thirties. As a result four vertebra are joined together. She has been advised never to travel in anything without a head restraint. (Headrest).

I know that some of you fit Mazda MX5 seats in Vitesses, but is anything else worthy. The MX5 is collectors car, so they will be expensive. I suppose a wander to a scrapyard could result in me seeing something. There are loads of small two door cars around but I'll bet most of these will be too tall, or they will be on sliding rails.

9 minutes ago, Wagger said:

My poor long suffering wife had a riding accdent as a child and had to have three fusions in her neck in her thirties. As a result four vertebra are joined together. She has been advised never to travel in anything without a head restraint. (Headrest).

I know that some of you fit Mazda MX5 seats in Vitesses, but is anything else worthy. The MX5 is collectors car, so they will be expensive. I suppose a wander to a scrapyard could result in me seeing something. There are loads of small two door cars around but I'll bet most of these will be too tall, or they will be on sliding rails.

I’ve fitted MGF seats, also added heated seats kit 
195D3BCF-0550-4DE6-AE8B-20864EF0F6F8.thumb.jpeg.80d00d3854a1001be7424591dbddf7ea.jpeg

Paul

51 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Does anyone know if the seat belt D ring retainer shown at the top right of PeteH's photo is available anywhere. Fed up of chasing my inertia reel belts all around the car. 

I've found brackets suitable for seats with headrests, but wonder if they can be bent or adapted to fit the b-post?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284275147108?hash=item42301e8164:g:HBwAAOSwNSxVHVu6

24 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

some time back a post showed some home made leather loops to fit the head rest rod and contrain the disapearing belt ends 

Pete

Like this one made from a leather belt , and a later version with a popper for easy release 

021AE0B3-AE2C-4DB8-9CE0-0983E97A7224.thumb.jpeg.0fa8aa181008ad825771ef8f960982de.jpeg

1E873C87-F1B9-42E7-89E5-D43EC626844A.thumb.jpeg.d9ef9de35af862607a69c1c31790cb4d.jpeg

Paul

Thanks Pete.

I have had a think about this and have a cunning plan involving a plastic drain pipe fastener. I will reveal all when I have tried it, tested it... and it works.  Total cost estimated at around 75 pence for both sides and it should work for all Spitfires.

If it works I will post instructions a la Blue Peter on my restoration thread. Remember this is only to stop the belt wandering around the car before use and I have mentioned this on some threads before???

5 hours ago, Badwolf said:

image.png.ddb441d3aafcff5c2a03bee25c0f785a.png

Does anyone know if the seat belt D ring retainer shown at the top right of PeteH's photo is available anywhere. Fed up of chasing my inertia reel belts all around the car. 

Unfortunately the "Rings" where fitted to the belts as bought, originally for a Dolomite, but never fitted as the Car was Stolen and trashed on the ranges near Aldershot!. Iv`e just re-purposed them, they where still in the makers wrappings.

Pete

Pete