Free Herald 1200 - 12/50 handbook

jagnut66

Hi, 

I have been sitting on a spare one of these for a while, I have mentioned it before but before it goes in the bin I thought I'd offer it up once more.

It's free to whoever wants it. I have an envelope with a stamp on it, so all I need is the address and postcode of anyone interested.

Its cover is worn but otherwise internally is in good condition. 

And it's free!! 😃

Sample images below.

Best wishes,

Mike.

Front cover.JPG

Title pages.JPG

page 6.JPG

page 11.JPG

pages 14 & 15.JPG

page 17.JPG

page 38.JPG

Throughout the internet there are automatic 'bots' going through websites harvesting addresses, email, phone numbers, and I believe personal mail. This is all used for nefarious activities such as spam and phishing. Just playing safe. It's just normal paranoia and hatred of many things internet (like farcebook!!)

I eventually embraced the modern era and after 21 years of Pay As You Go mobile phones I signed up for a contract with O2 two weeks ago. This came with various freebies including six free months of Disney + which the family have jumped on.

Since then I've been plagued with 'No Caller ID' calls, spam e-mails and spam texts (including the Carphone Warehouse offering me a better deal than O2)

Someone's passed my info about, somewhere.

Ahh, junk phone calls....I think that I shared this story some time ago. Before I retired, I got an unsolicited phone call from a company......

"We can lower your mobile phone costs". ....Quiet morning nothing else to do so...

OK tell me what you can do.

We can reduce your bills (by some silly amount). 

Great what do I have to do

Ok, let's do it

How much do you spent on you mobile phone costs in a year

About £15

Great £15 a week

No a year, not a week....dialling tone....hello, hello!!!

I know that they have a job to do and I wasted their time, but when I consider how much time I have wasted on junk phone calls in the past, it was only a little harmless fun, but true. Now as for the Microsoft Windows brigade, they are fair game, but since I got Doug's recommended call screener I have not had a single one 😂

9 hours ago, jagnut66 said:

I notice your quote Colin:

"Happiness is a warm spanner."

I'd have thought in the classic car world 'Happiness' would be a 'warm garage'! 😃

Especially in the months to come....... 😉

Best wishes,

Mike.

Thanks Mike; the rationale behind it is that a warm spanner is getting use ie hand-held, whereas a cold one is sitting on the shelf.. :(

My garage is warmer than my house, which is a sore point with 'Er Indoors, so this morning I've to buy a large quantity of insulation panels and fit them in the walls before the end of the week. I hate the stuff.

House roofspace. Because of the design of the house, there are large triangular spaces between the sloping roof, and the upstairs vertical walls which as interior walls are single skin, not cavity. In summer you can touch the walls and they're red hot from the hot air in behind, which the sun has heated through the roof tiles. I need to wriggle up into the roofspace through a hole I've cut in the outside soffit and stick large panels of Kingspan insulation to the inside of the walls, both to keep the heat out in Summer and keep it in, in Winter. A horrible claustrophobic and dusty job that I've put off for months.