Rocker feed kit

jagnut66

Methinks this could veer off again at any moment! 😄

As an aside, something that I touched on when typing the initial post in this saga, I am very glad that I did purchase those new wipers. 

The ones on Hetty looked okay but were scraping rather than sweeping across the screen. The replacements are much more supple, so safety wise it was a good job done. 

I still haven't thrown the old ones out though, the stainless frames are in such good nick it seems an awful waste. If I had seen rubber blades for them on Rimmers site I'd have just bought those.

C'est la vie. I suppose I'll bin them once I'm sick of looking at them on the kitchen side.........................

Best wishes,

Mike.

17 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

just buy an insert and refurb the old blade carriers 

17 hours ago, Chris A said:

That is exactly what I did. I get 2 blades per length, works out dirt cheap so at the slightest sign of wear replace them.

I didn't see any on the site, or do you mean from the likes of Halfords?

My only concern with a 'length of blade' would be the lack of end stops to prevent it sliding back out as it sweeps across the screen.

Best wishes,

Mike.

1 hour ago, jagnut66 said:

I didn't see any on the site, or do you mean from the likes of Halfords?

My only concern with a 'length of blade' would be the lack of end stops to prevent it sliding back out as it sweeps across the screen.

Best wishes,

Mike.

Have a close look at the original Blades? One`s of that era had spring clips which retained the Blade?. Mine are buried somewhere in the shed. But I am sure they are replaceable? usually with a couple of narrow steel strips which supported the blades?.

Pete