Christmas wrapping

dougbgt6

Just wrapping Christmas presents for my SEVEN grandchildren. Strangely ran out of paper :angry: but, the former the paper is wound around is stiff brown paper, absolutely idle gasket material. £2 a role, marvellous, who knew Waitrose did motor spares?

Doug 

SWMBO, was looking at new Xmas trees, I suggested that as we are going to be (Boris not withstanding) in Texas until Jan 6th. we might give it a "miss".? Whats the bet`s we finish up getting one in the New Year Sales on our return?. Maybe 2 weeks self isolation will be a benefit?, by that time the Sales should be over? (well maybe not the DFS one!🤣).

Pete

2 hours ago, PeteH said:

Maybe 2 weeks self isolation will be a benefit?

Pete, I think the current rule is to isolate and take a pcr test in the first two days after arrival. If it comes back negative you can rejoin the human race again! 

Iain 

6 hours ago, Iain T said:

Pete, I think the current rule is to isolate and take a pcr test in the first two days after arrival. If it comes back negative you can rejoin the human race again! 

Iain 

Ian. If I tell SWMBO that we`ll be going shopping!!, by day 3🥲. And I don't expect to return from "over there" without excess baggage charges.🤣.

Pete

2 minutes ago, Peter Truman said:

Have fun and stay safe, and get home safely to that Christmas Tree!

Thanks (a bunch!). 👍. Our youngest son is over in Aus;  (Gosford) at the moment, seeing his latest grandchild (now 2-1/2) for the first time. He is due back in Blighty before Xmas.

Best wished to you and yours.

Pete

My UK mate (went to College together & shared a flat, best men and married 2 days apart & wives were friends) who now part resides most of the time in WA is holidaying down at Margaret River (wine country) and he has just had to vacate where he was staying Bush Fires on his doorstep, so back up to north of Perth.

He couldn't get back to the UK because of Covid so he brought a Big, big House in the middle of a Golf Course, I was supposed to go over to help renovate the garden & irrigation system with him, BUT WA won't let anyone enter across the border esp from Vic & NSW, Oh what a pity, I just had to watch him do all the digging on the phone!!