Laminated Wiring Diagrams on Ebay

Paul H

I just went into the garage and had a look, its the overdrive wiring part, it only shows one type where as the WSM shows two, types A and B also the colour from the relay to the solenoid is shown as yellow/Brown when its yellow/purple. Not a major problem, every other part is correct.

1 hour ago, GrahamB said:

There does not appear to be any difference between the Mk 3 and my early 1500 apart from the overdrive.

There should be! Off the top of my head:

- The 1500 will have a ballast ignition system (probably a resistive wire in the loom) where the Mk3 is unballasted

- The 1500 has an alternator, the Mk3 was a dynamo

3 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Folks,

does anybody know of a cheap/free drawing package that does dual coloured dashed lines.

Roger

Found it !!!

Using Word.  Lay down a dashed line in one colour (eg Red) then lay another dashed line close to the first in the second colour (eg green)

Then lay one line on top of the other (spaced accordingly)  - ed/Green line

Roger

3 hours ago, RogerH said:

Hi Folks,

does anybody know of a cheap/free drawing package that does dual coloured dashed lines.

Roger

I would recommend getting to know Inkscape (free and open source) if you want to colourise a wiring diagram. It wouldn’t be much use for creating a wiring diagram from scratch, but for tracing over one in colour definitely better in the end than Word! 
That said if you end up with what you need and aren’t intending on doing more than one, whatever works for you :)

• Like 1