Triumph Acclaim "L" Reg"

martyn wright

Hi All!  I was visiting a Farm Shop the other week and the conversation got around to Classic cars!  The owner said he had a Triumph Acclaim that was his Fathers and did I want a look?  In a Barn under boxes etc was a Blue "L Reg" with 64K on the clock in Fair Condition?  Does anyone know what to look for on these cars??  I think its a "L Reg"  From and Too where they Made"?

Kind Regards

Martyn

Back in that era, A LOT of cars spent up to 2 years sat in fields, Unsold. Also If originally registered in Jersey/Guernsey they where brought back in and knocked out cheaply on a new reg number. Ford did that with low mileage Sierra`s for one. Partly a ploy to inflate sales figures. I don`t remember exactly when DVLA closed that loophole?.

14 hours ago, martyn wright said:

I'm actually going back down to take some photos and have a chat possibly next week!  We will then see if I have the space??

Martyn look for rust they rot terribly, getting parts can be a challenge but a good active group on Facebook are very helpful, they are great cars to drive and the most reliable Triumph ever made.

A good one is hard to come by these days, if you need any help just ask 

Just the three Acclaims at the minute ! 

12 hours ago, Triumph948 said:

Martyn look for rust they rot terribly, getting parts can be a challenge but a good active group on Facebook are very helpful, they are great cars to drive and the most reliable Triumph ever made.

A good one is hard to come by these days, if you need any help just ask 

This one is for sale locally to me:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-cars/triumph-acclaim-hl-just-29-800-miles-pristine-genuine-example-throughout/1418416813

It's also on eBay. I had the successor, the Rover 213S which is very similar in shape and layout, and it was one of my favourite cars ever.

5 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

This one is for sale locally to me:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-cars/triumph-acclaim-hl-just-29-800-miles-pristine-genuine-example-throughout/1418416813

It's also on eBay. I had the successor, the Rover 213S which is very similar in shape and layout, and it was one of my favourite cars ever.

WOW!

That looks absolutely Mint.

Priced accordingly though 🤔

Hi All!  been down and had a quick look!  Its a October 1982 Blue HLS Model with a 1332 Honda Engine.  Dark Blue. Sills look and feel solid and the only bit of rust as far as I can see is on the top corner of the bonnet?  altho it is still in a dark shed and I can only see the opposite side of the car.  Low Miles and a Blue velour interior.  The only thing I need to do now is BID him for it lol!!  He does seem to think i will start straight away, he told me it has been standing for at least 7 years but on checking the MOT DVLA, the last time it was Taxed was 01 Oct 1999 and they have no trace of a MOT!