Charging woes

jagnut66

10 minutes ago, Peter Truman said:

I do both the Vitesse and Spitfire twice a year with brass compatible EP oil, I have also soldered the steel washer at the bottom of the trunnions so as to stop the oil leaking out, 

My liquid grease query was just to overcome the potential leakage issue from the bottom, it was Just a thought!

To be fair, there are very few GL5 oils that are not yellow metal safe. and GL5 is a good idea in the diff, the slipperier the better  (a no-no in a gearbox with brass synchros, stops them working correctly)

7 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

.who needs a leak !!!!!

More than once a night. And unless you supped the brewery, Then (seriously) go get at least your PSA`s checked. (sorry one of my "pet" concern`s having lost my best mate to Prostate Cancer.)

Pete

Just now, Pete Lewis said:

Yes   i have a psa test on april 1st  do it with my diabetic check up  

pete

Sorry about that bit of a rant, Pete. I can still get quite upset as it was sooooo unnecessary, He left it far too long.

Pete

3 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

no problem is an easy fix if caught early  we had a local member pass on last year 

his widow is trying to sell the Stag   but its Brown and an Auto  not the best mix 

it only takes a quick blood test to give some clues    and well worth doing 

pete

What`s the "asking" on the stag?. I spoke to a guy some time back who had a Stag on his wish list?.

Pete

19 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

i can try to find out  but Nicky is very difficult to deal with 

watch this space 

Pete

Not a big deal Pete. Just that the last time I saw him he had been looking at one at Mathewsons, The Meetings are still currently not happening locally.😒

Pete