Triumph Herald drivers door handle with lock / key

jagnut66

Will look later on, lunchtime or so, and see what's in the spares bin. If the number is on the barrel then a replacement key should be easy. 

I remember many years ago going to GB Sportscars at Leighton Buzzard and the guy in the office handed me a screwdriver and told me to work away. I bought far more than I actually needed, as it was there in front of me and I kept spotting other parts that were better than mine, rather than just asking for one part and having it brought in to me.

18 hours ago, jagnut66 said:

I'm not having much luck with a new replacement barrel and key, so if anyone has a spare they don't need (old and used is fine -- original parts generally tend to fit better than new ones anyway), I'd be interested.

Best wishes,

Mike.

I have one, and one only - all my door handles, and there's half a dozen - have the lock removed. I think I've been repairing them to destruction in a past life as there's a small box of assorted parts and barrels. I've checked it and the key turns, but you'll have to build it back into the door handle. Any use?

IMG_2309.thumb.jpeg.896e030ea53d22b1cb63980c8216f5c5.jpeg

5 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I have one, and one only - all my door handles, and there's half a dozen - have the lock removed. I think I've been repairing them to destruction in a past life as there's a small box of assorted parts and barrels. I've checked it and the key turns, but you'll have to build it back into the door handle. Any use?

That looks spot on for me, I'll 'pm' you.

Many thanks,

Mike.

4 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

mick dolphin has the button  567018     TSSC Weblist 0122.xls (mickdolphin.co.uk)

567018 pushbutton, LH door handle Her./Vit. RARE! £ 4.5

Thanks for the Mick Dolphin link Pete.👍

He does stock quite a variety of items and I wasn't aware of him until now.

Best wishes,

Mike.

12 hours ago, PeteH said:

Mind, H&SE, has virtually closed all the ones you could wander round, and they where those with the "odd" older car buried in a corner.

Pete

Yes, that particular 'Executive' are a right bunch of OTT killjoys!

Best wishes,

Mike.

1 hour ago, jagnut66 said:

I wasn't aware of him until now.

mick is excellent at the odd ball hard to find often Original stock  you may need to e mail or phone him 

all search is derived from the odd hint , lead, who to , suppliers we all accumulate  as we plod on  

Pete

23 hours ago, jagnut66 said:

Yes, that particular 'Executive' are a right bunch of OTT killjoys!

Best wishes,

Mike.

Well My current "favourite"was still operational as of April 2021. But reports, that they had a Fire of late.😒 Big Yard loads of cars, reasonable prices. Used the Truck Stop Next door (same owner?) quite a few times.

Pete

• 3 months later...
On 26/03/2022 at 07:53, Pete Lewis said:

to add a locking barrel Im sure you you just need a new barrel mine had a key lock both sides 

i changed them so door and ignition all matched  dont think the base handle needs to change 

Pete

HI Pete do you have a part number by chance as this is what mine needs 

Colin

On 13/04/2022 at 14:28, Colin Lindsay said:

I've checked it and the key turns, but you'll have to build it back into the door handle. Any use?

Just as an update from me on this post (for those that haven't guessed already😉), Colin's original lock and key did the job brilliantly, without any issues. 

Original equipment is sometimes best (certainly for fit) -- when you can get it.....

Best wishes,

Mike.

15 hours ago, jagnut66 said:

Just as an update from me on this post (for those that haven't guessed already😉), Colin's original lock and key did the job brilliantly, without any issues. 

Original equipment is sometimes best (certainly for fit) -- when you can get it.....

Best wishes,

Mike.

Very glad to hear that an odd bit off the shelf has got a new lease of life! It has reminded me to look after the ones I've got left, and maybe get a few more years of life out of those too.