wiring diagram and symbols

Hi All, hope is all well.

Just wondering if some one can help with some wiring diagram questions.  My spit is FH899560, and attached is the wiring diagram from the haynes manual.  Question 1, I have a fuse box fitted by PO with four fuses.  I believe the original had four also ?  If so why does this diagram show only 2 (both at 72)?

Question 2, some of these symbols look strange to me, they don't seem to be standard set, is there a full key to these anywhere ?

Cheers thanks a lot.

IMG_2528.jpg

If your vehicle is pre100k then this wiring diagram might be the most helpful with the key to most of the symbols. This is for Spit 1500 before the 100k change point.

These are from Haynes. Just to complicate matters the Hayne's diagrams don't corresspond in all respects to the diagrams in the Repair Operations Manual. The actual operational differences are few but the presentation (and numbering) is different.

All Spits had three fuses, from Mk1 to Mk5, and they are all on the diagrams, but not grouped together. If PO has replaced the standard fuse box with a bespoke setup I can imagine a bit of detective work might be required to elucidate what has been connected to what.

Spit wire diag 1500 up to 100k.jpeg

Spit wire diag 1500 up to 100k leg.jpg

Doug has posted a colour wiring diagram here several times. It is not totally accurate for my Spitfire but was an excellent reference when upgrading my three fuse box to the ten fuse version. He will no doubt post it again shortly.

Ones of Doug's original posts.........

Spitfire/GT6 coloured diagrams for free! 

Wiring Schematics and Diagrams - Triumph Spitfire, GT6, Herald

I downloaded and granddaughter laminated. 

(The ongoing link to the Herald diagram doesn't work)

Doug

• Thanks 1

Most of those rectangular ones are bullet connectors, single or two-into-one; the circle with the 'X' is a bulb (single filament, two x means a dual like stop / tail).

Now not sure so guessing: the heavy black X in a circle (bottom pic) may be a switch and the black circle with the white centre may be a gauge?

I've just been having fun with Lucas wiring in the Herald, where the purple horn wire connects to brown and the brown headlamp flash wire connects to purple...