Security

AlanT

49 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Autoloks? I have two in the roofspace of the garage, found them yesterday. I had one on my car back in the day, then lost the key. I simply unscrewed the gearknob and slid it up over. Ten seconds.

Colin,

The Gearknob was my fear and the purchase risk, but the fitting is so tight against the gear stick (it pushes the gear stick into First gear) that even with the removal of the gear knob it cannot be slid upwards and therefore we are into the metal cutting territory.

I put this item on my Santa list, the reason for not going for it as an everyday device is that the GT6 is low and I would have to get on my hands and knees to fit it, would not be good whilst wearing my Sunday best.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Centinel-Clutch-security-device-STANDARD/dp/B074DWFMFD/ref=sr_1_100?crid=IXP9710M6JGF&keywords=car%2Block%2Banti-theft%2Bdevice%2Bhandbrake&qid=1662067285&sprefix=%2Caps%2C94&sr=8-100&th=1 

This clutch claw is ideal for long-term storage or in a remote garage.

I have included the pictures of the amazon listing just in case the product is removed in future 

John

P.S. the Autolock company provides an aggressive super glue to fix a gearknob in place. Not good for us in terms of future maintenance in removing the tunnel cover.

81HqQqwvLRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

91Lx+7mJJML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

51JoZDpeIjL._AC_.jpg

My wife had an old Autolok left over from a 1990's Fiesta, but it was too long to use in the GT6. I went with a Disklok to cover the steering wheel. I occasionally fit it in a pub car park (when I can't see the car over my pint) and always at the sports centre. No illusions that it will serve as anything other than a deterrent to a casual / opportunistic thief - a professional will proceed regardless.

Gully