Herald 13/60 accelerator cable length?

Colin Lindsay

Looks like mine, bought from Paddocks, the sleeve is just on the outside, it is a one piece cable, and the principle is it hold the cable in place. Mine wasn't tight enough and slipped on the cable when I put my foot down 😁. Hence why I added a clamp.

Photo of the clip I used on the pedal

IMG0021A.thumb.jpg.7319b522a1799a544050c637dd78490f.jpg

Not very clear, sorry. Camera battery was flat & my phone isn't all that smart (like me). The clip is pretty much the same length and depth as the pedal fitting.

On my Vitesse only a short length of outer cable in the cabin and a couple of star? clips one above and one below the bulkhead with rubber washers for sealing.

But then it is a bike brake cable, much smoother than the bought correct one.

Regards

Paul

IMG_20191124_165954~01.jpg

3 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

On my Vitesse only a short length of outer cable in the cabin and a couple of star? clips one above and one below the bulkhead with rubber washers for sealing.

But then it is a bike brake cable, much smoother than the bought correct one.

That's what I bought; am currently exploring the best way to fit it. Star clips are an excellent idea.

I think a one-piece cable is preferable; the Canley site may show a sectioned cable to minimise the length in the drawing.

My other problem is securing the bracket (16 in the diagram) which is moving about and not held firmly between the manifolds. 

On 29/04/2022 at 15:21, Pete Lewis said:

if i used a bile cable i would add a screwed cable abutement to go into the baulkhead hole 

helps with playing for more adjustment 

See the source image

I had mine remade by a motorbike shop in Farnham just after I got the car. It passes through the bulkhead with something like this fitting and is bare inside the car. Fits under the pedal with a large cylindrical fitment that’s soldered to the end of the cable.