J Overdrive Tools

Lance Smith

For threaded Plug removal and reinstallation, I am using an adjustable pin spanner.  It has no brand markings on it.  This spanner works well on the bench, but is difficult to uses with the O/D in the car between the frame rails. Once the plugs break loose,  All three plugs inside the sump have approximately 0.203- 0.211" holes on a 5/8" pin center.  

PinSpanner_IMG_1244.JPG

I don't need all the tools.  I can get by with the pin spanner and thin 1" wrench that I already have.  I don't have the L401, but was just curious.

Yes, I am working on the O/D in the car.  I have read the other O/D threads, but really I am just trying to clean the filters and renew the o rings at this time.

• 1 month later...
On 13/08/2022 at 02:11, Lance Smith said:

The Spitfire 1500 workshop manual suggests use of tool, L.354A, which looks like a pin socket to remove the threaded plugs inside the sump.

Skandix.de offers a Tool, Overdrive, 1019212, but it is out of stock at this time.

Skandix_ToolOverdrive1019212a.JPG

Skandix_ToolOverdrive1019212b.JPG

Tool_L.354A_IMG_1247.JPG

Tool_L.354A_IMG_1248.JPG

Die Spitfirescheune in Germany sells the tool to.

Screenshot_20220930-090542_Samsung Internet.jpg

Isn't it just as easy to make a tool with a length of MS bar drill and tap two holes at the correct centers and put two small Phillips headed bolts thro. I made mine with an old open ended spanner using the same drill and tap method.

What about the old bike pedal shaft spanner or two pin angle grinder spanner are they compatible re pin centres.