Help identify part, please

Unkel Kunkel

This is’t a quiz or a competition - I don’t have an answer!

I am rebuilding a Spitfire Mk 1V door.

I have a box of bits - door lock, window winder bits etc nuts bolts washers etc from when it was dismantled.. a few years ago..

All the bits seem present and correct.

but…  in the same box, I have come across this:

A1B7551F-5B34-41F4-B12E-05DA52E3EDD0.thumb.jpeg.29723f043328047de2e7537a1ffafc05.jpeg

It will probably  be blindingly obvious,* but I simply just don’t  recognise it at all and so far I have failed fail to see it on any diagrams, and photos of door internals.

*Perhaps I am developing some sort of age-related  “car component blindness”

I begin to wonder if it is even a door part..

Any help most welcome 

The more I stare at it, something is slowly .very slowly, is beginning to come back to me.

It was next to this thingy in the box for inserting the clips for the weather strip

1F4557FD-72E9-4930-812B-4CB24147AA43.thumb.jpeg.7d882c666558ecc085e4986205acad7b.jpeg

The profile of the bent bit. looks very similar and it  rang a bell - albeit a distant tinkle..

477694A7-3404-49CB-BBF7-470A14F91309.thumb.jpeg.f98b428458cf6003ca7880216bb77d19.jpeg

I have a feeling I chucked in the box of door bits with a view to making a “clip inserting gadget”  - or two, from it  but didn’t and bought the proper “thingy” ( which I dated  -it was  this century ..) so didn’t progress it.

So no idea at all what it came off, probably some household gadget.

Pete’s guess seems as good as any.

Apologies if I’ve wasted your time.

19 minutes ago, Unkel Kunkel said:

Apologies if I’ve wasted your time.

Not wasted mine. I don't have and never have had a Spitfire so I would have no idea about the part but still read the posts - one never knows where they will go. I would put it in my TBS box.

To Be Sorted

I'm not seeing the part under discussion on that diagram. Where do you think they are? If you're looking at the two slots just below the glass, those are the bits I mentioned earlier, which are parts of the glass support frame and are made of C-section and welded to the channel. I don't think what UnkelK posted is one of them.