Clicking pad pins

AlanT

Hi All,

yet another weirdness. As the disc spins it’s slightly catching the pads at one point and causes the retaining pins to click (you can see them move in the video). 
The disc appears very slightly out of true and, I suspect, is bad (albeit new!). Thoughts? 
thanks

2 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

John is correct, they should be split pins.

On the GT6 there are two brake pad part numbers, one is metric one is imperial, the difference? The diameter of the split pin hole! :lol:

Doug

Never knew that, all mine have been solid pins. There are different part numbers for the pins, 521121 for later and 509058 for earlier and I presume the difference is the diameter.

3 hours ago, AlanT said:

Rimmers’ website doesn’t suggest there are two sizes on offer for type 14. My instinct is to change the disc as it’s slightly out of true

The manual does allow for some disc run out (its never going to be perfect) so to be sure you need a dial indicator. Dont forget it could be the hub that the disc bolts to so even a perfect disc wont run true. Also theres always going to be play between pins, caliper and pads as these components are not machine fits so if the run out is within spec I would get driving😊