anyone used these reliners

Pete Lewis

I still have some rivets if your run short  ha "

i have had bonded ones from club shop for the 2000  but they just produced a black gunge and little braking took them off and refitted the used riveted golden oldies and that passed the MOT  the black version made only 15% at the rear 

Pete

I`m with Doug on that one, The old riveted brake linings, In the early days, they where blank, you clamped them to the shoe. Drilled from the back and then (very carefully) countersunk from the front. I still have the clamp/riveting tool, kicking about somewhere?. Have to look?. All done with a  Handraulic drill.

Pete

I learnt recently that when you rivet linings onto clutch plates it pays to drill holes through the rivets.
This is to release the vacuum that can keep the plate sucked onto the flywheel.
Generally a job for the apprentice, dont think it would be a problem for brakes but you never know.

3 hours ago, ahebron said:

I learnt recently that when you rivet linings onto clutch plates it pays to drill holes through the rivets.
This is to release the vacuum that can keep the plate sucked onto the flywheel.
Generally a job for the apprentice, dont think it would be a problem for brakes but you never know.

Wot?

What "vacuum"? From where?   This has to be one of those workshop windups, to keep those apprentices occupied while the mesters go for a brew!