Spitfire 1500 seat covers

rogerguzzi

Hello All

My drivers seat base cover split today!!

Now I know Park Lane Classics are top quaily but there will be a lead time and we are off to Spain in 3 1/2 weeks!

So iI could do with a quicker fix?

I have been Trawling Fleabay and saw these at a very cheap price! 

Now I know they will not be top quality(but neither an I at 77.5!!!!!!) and Spitty is not a Conkers car She get used (6,500 miles last year!)

So I recon if they last 2 to 3 years at that price would be ok 

The foams I changed a few years ago and I can beef up the drivers one that is a bit Saggy (like me?)

Triumph Spitfire & GT6 Seat Covers Black Vinyl with headrest covers PAIR | eBay

So any thoughts please

Roger

ps Spain last year

DSC03662.JPG

DSC03569.JPG

DSC03675.JPG

2 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Club Shop sell them, but don't know if they're in stock, give 'em a ring.

Hello Doug 

I am not being picky but £90 compared to £346 plus p&p as I said it is not a Konkers car and not sure I would live long enough to get my wear out of them?

Roger (The poor Pensioner!!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello All

A small Bottle! of vino and I thought sod it and they are ordered a bit less for the kids to spend when I kick the bucket (and they have had plenty believe me !!)

They both would not be living where they are now if it was not for us! but my Mother was just as good to us on a lesser scale and as she said there is no pockets in Shrouds!

Plus if we give it all away the state will have care for us instead of us paying for ourselves(I am not bitter! yes I am I paid in for 40!!! years and have been shafted BIG Time along with others who did the right thing and not P***sed up the wall?)

Still Spain in 3 1/2 weeks and another adventure ?

So come on all you Young people push the bounderies a bit and try it before you get to old!

I promise once you get into it you Will enjoy it or money back(he said with fingers crossed behind his back!!)

As you can tell a bit inubriated (what Me?) but life is short ?

Sorry about the gloom but on a brighter note out on a thrash with 2 TR6's Tomorrow (Spitty can hold her own up to 60 ish as I recon she has best part of 100 bhp now and No Memsahib with me tomorrow as well! and new Shock Absorbers plus TR6's weigh a lot more so power to rate ratio is not that bad ?

Plus overdrive on 2nd really works on twisty hills!

Roger

DSC03595.JPG

• Like 3

Enjoy it!! (I'll not add: while you still can....)

Prices especially ferries are through the roof this Summer; I'll have to curtail, or maybe bin altogether, my usual trip through the mainland - it's been getting shorter year by year as prices rise; no longer 1900 mile runs top to bottom and back to top again. I rarely use hotel spas or facilities, in fact rarely even use the hotel restaurants so an expensive hotel is a waste but even the cheaper ones are going crazy. I can spend a week in Krakow for a quarter of what it will cost on the UK mainland. I've gone off driving long distances, so the south coast is not really an option these days, and it's centering on Chester / Shrewsbury / Hereford areas - some great places to see and things to do, but not far from the boat as fuel and parking costs are enormous and I just see that as wasted money. Our last trip to York was £400 on ferry, £500 on hotel, and £90 on parking plus about £150 on fuel then add the food on top of that. Nearly £2000 for less than a week? It's not surprising that my total spend whilst on the trip was a strip of aluminium, £8, to repair a Herald seat... :)

However you're correct, Roger - why not spend the money and get a few trips in now as health and age permit, before we end up sitting at home with cash in the bank and no way to spend it other than care costs?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391027474013?hash=item5b0b0dbe5d:g:YSoAAOSwImRYWUpv&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0KzIqIhiV0CpObCmjyvCY3u7ecJTn1DypyowaIRCfp%2F

I brought these covers in January.  Black with white piping.  I fitted them in February and very pleased with them. Great fit and they are softer than the covers I took off, they also look more like leather than the old ones.

I had already put new foam on the seats a few years ago so that helped.

The head rests did not have white piping too match the covers, so I unpicked the stitching and added my own.

I'm extremely pleased with them.

Danny

Hello Danny 

Those are the ones I have ordered but all black

I have replaced all the foam but drivers one is a bit Saggy (Like the Driver!) so I will add something to it.

All the feed back on the site looked good and at £90 its not the end of the world if they are not perfect!!

But you seem to think they are or very close to it.

Roger

ps had a run out with 2 TR6's today and no Memsahib so the old RED mist could come down a bit!!

DSC05464.JPG

DSC05467.JPG

DSC05469.JPG

DSC05461.JPG

DSC05471.JPG

DSC05472.JPG

DSC05470.JPG

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Prices especially ferries are through the roof this Summer

Hello Colin

When we got back last year a few weeks later they offered us discounted sailings for this year so we took a chance and booked

So we Sail from Plymouth to Santander and back with a cheap inside cabine(its only less than 24hour crossing!)

All for £671 !!!

It would cost more to drive down through France and its a bloody long way so you would need a longer trip if you still want 2 weeks in Spain?

Roger

So just being Curious, about the current rates. I foolishly Put it the "rig" price to take the Motorhome/Trailer combo, Like we did 10 years ago. VERY large swallow = £1554.00. That is double what we paid back then. for an even longer "rig". This was for the Portsmouth Route.

Do I blame Brexit, as everyone else seems to do?

In my case not ever likely again?. But who knows?

Pete