Outdoor breathable Cover

David McHugh

Hi can anyone recommend a outdoor waterproof but also breathable cover for my MK IV Spitfire.can anyone recommend from the TSSC shop or other source, it will get a bout 3 to 4 months use a year and will be removed on summery days to get a good airing.

Your recommendations are greatly appreciated.

One other thing is dehumidifier granule bags that can be recharged by heating in the microwave. The one I bought from Robert Dias is useless the only part that soaks anything up is the bag not the contents, your experienced help would be greatly received in this matter too.

Kind regards

David McHugh

The trouble with covers is that they move with the wind, so any grit on the car or inside of the cover ends up scratching the paint. Had one on my Vitesse during an english summer when I had the garage doubled, quite a good crop of mould on the leather steering wheel.

Regards

Paul

I have just bought my second cover from Classic additions today (ultimate semi fit small for Vitesse). my 1st one is on it's 3rd winter, on the car permanently and started to leak a bit in this wet winter, before this 100% waterproof. I think it's UV light that's deteriorates them mainly.

Its breathable to a point, but I think there will always be some condensation with car covers if the the air outside is damp.

They gave me a trade discount today as a previous customer (£30 off) and it cost me £140 delivered.

I leave the windows down a bit and the boot opened a bit, resting on the handle.

Has not been damp in these areas.

The car is parked on the street, up on the kerb, so this helps with air circulation, as does having lengths of foam lagging for 22mm water pipes running and extending. along the roof and also on the bonnet.

Hope this helps.

cheers, Dave

The trouble with 100% waterproof covers is that they don't breath, that is why we no longer get our covers for the shop from Classic Additions. The five layer covers we sell are not gauranteed to be 100% waterproof in all conditions, but are very breathable and any slight condensation that you get due to temperature differences will soon disperse. We sell a lot of these covers and the only proviso with them as with any outdoor covers is to ensure that any sharp edges/points (wing mirrors, Herald rear wing ends etc.) are adequately covered with foam or a cloth to stop them chaffing the cover as this sort of failure would not be covered by any manufacturers guarantee.