Vitesse 1600/6 Late 1966 Cream/Beige Sunvisors

martyn wright

Hi!  I'm going thro the 1600/6 and Mk1 Vitesse Parts Manual looking to see what "Screws" I need for fitting the Sunvisors back into the car!  I have the "3" for the Centre of the screen(Mirror).  But on the parts Diagram it shows a Bracket on both ends of the Visors which screw into the corners(Door openings)?  There are holes on the window frame but there are not any brackets on the ends of the sunvisor and no holes to fit them??  So the only support is from the mirrors!  Is this correct??

Hi Pete!  Mine is a Convertible 1600/6 and looking at the Sun visors they have a inner cut out for the mirror and that is the only support,  as the visors don't have any hole to fit the end brackets(There is a end bracket set on Ebay £30)  but as far as i can see These are the original sunvisors that came with the car in 1998 when I purchased it! And it has enough support from the centre 3 screws?  (SEE Next Text)

Edited by martyn wright

21 minutes ago, martyn wright said:

Anyone! Have a set of the Brackets they want to get rid of!!

If you can weld, make your own; just a teardrop-shaped base and an angled metal arm.

IMG_1139.jpeg.849d0f4a4e91f522cad67a6a4c9ae01a.jpeg

Edited to add that very early pre-1960 cars didn't have outer supports, but this was added during production presumably as without, they didn't last very long during everyday use.

Edited by Colin Lindsay

Spitbitz have a complete Sun Visor set £85.00?  Bernard Littlewood is having a look for me next week when he's back at his garage in St Brides!  Still have not heard from a couple of contacts yet??  I will leave those untill I hear back?

Edited by martyn wright

Had a long look, in my opinion they should not be too hard to fabricate. Getting the angles right before welding, could be the tricky bit? The ones I have look to nave been brazed originally.

Pete

Edited by PeteH