POST REMOVED ?

1904vitesse

When is this forum going to come into the 21st century ?

I HAVE JUST TRIED TO GIVE A WARNING OUT TO MEMBERS ABOUT PROBLEMS I HAD USING A TRADER ON E-BAY.

Every other forum/club of which I have been a member and there has been many being a fan and owner 

of many different classic cars, allows its members to warn/tell other members of there experiences good

and bad when dealing with traders and this of course means saying who they are.

Keeping it private does no one any good, would my post been removed if I was singing the praises of this

or any other trader. I THINK NOT 

The forum and the club leave themselves open to a lot of trouble if you name someone directly. However, it is very easy to allude to who it is has done you down without actually naming them. Go and watch the Daily Politics on BBC2 it will give you a clue as to how to do it!

• Like 1

It's to do with the legality of posting things against traders, no matter how right you are. Unless we're talking about the result of a successful Court case for fraud or other criminal act, it boils down to opinion and therefore libel, and the trader can sue the club for allowing it to be publicly available on the club website. So: the club is already in the 21st Century and abiding by the law.

By the way - in the last week alone I've bought items from two eBay traders who had to refund my money due to not having the item in the first place, but presumably sourcing it from suppliers once it had been purchased, and failing. Its not good practice.

Club triumph have similar rules , they do have a readable section which gives the reasons for moderator actions,

maybe a good idea to have this but ,, its another job for the mods to keep uptodate.

Any scores to settle should be with the trader and ebay, give them the negative feedback

pete

I Just saw your post on facebook. same rules apply , so that may be removed too. Its the libel society. I agree that its useful to know who the bad traders are ... I work as a builder . 90 percent of jobs and clients are OK . The bad ones are the ones who tarnish it , and make me want to give up. I guess i am trying to say a little mud sticks. 

If I remember right, this was  trader who sent your goods to another of your own addresses.

He was then rude and abrupt.  Not good practice

But I think you need to understand that the world is not made up of people who get everything right, evey time

This wasn't an important, ebay or internet scam, you got your goods but your reaction was as if you had been cheated.

John

• Like 2