Another new Triumph owner

One "benefit" of little 3 cyl engines, (Peugeot 107), VED is only 20 quid a year. And CAZ exempt. Only down side current is I have to keep cancelling the Engine "fault" light, `cos it needs a new O2 sensor☹️. (Hopefully not a Cat!), but it`s a crawl underneath job, and Plum, 13/60, is taking the space in the garage.

Still got a Pair of Stromberg`s for a Mk 1, 2 Litre Vitesse somewhere?. In need of refurb though.

Pete

2 hours ago, PeteH said:

One "benefit" of little 3 cyl engines, (Peugeot 107), VED is only 20 quid a year.

My Mondeo, a 1.6 diesel, was only £30, despite being a 4 cylinder, and my daughter's 3 cylinder Fiesta is free. When I changed cars in August it cost me £325 in road tax... I've no idea how these things are worked out, sometimes there seems to be no hard and fast rule as to why some cars are cheap, some are free and others need a mortgage to tax.

37 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

ive had 4 citroens with the 130hp 3 cyl and currntly in my C5X auto  so far never a problem

the 130 i a cactus(very light car) was a real hoot 

but my favourite  noise from a 3 cyl is the Commer TS3 two stroke   

How about Agostini's 3 cyl MV Agusta and the racing Triumph Tridents? Then there are the Kawasaki tw strokes.

42 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

My Mondeo, a 1.6 diesel, was only £30, despite being a 4 cylinder, and my daughter's 3 cylinder Fiesta is free. When I changed cars in August it cost me £325 in road tax... I've no idea how these things are worked out, sometimes there seems to be no hard and fast rule as to why some cars are cheap, some are free and others need a mortgage to tax.

There is no logic Colin. My 2.2 litre Moho costs £325 and it is under 3.5 Tonnes. If it was over that weight it would cost £165. I am now limited to 3.5 tonnes.

Hello Graham - as others have said, welcome to the Club!

I am one of the Area Organisers for TSSC in Devon and a Torquay girl.  I am sure we have met at some point when you were on the dark side.  We are also members of TOWC.  You will see in the Courier mag that we meet at the Star Inn at Liverton on the third Wednesday of the month, but not in December as the pub will understandably be busy.  Looking forward to seeing you and that lovely car soon.  I have not yet received recent new members' list do would like to welcome you on here.  We have lots planned already for next year, starting with a lunch at the Smugglers at Dawlish on Sunday 7 January. Just let us know if you can come.  

Sue

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sue Franklin said:

Star Inn at Liverton on the third Wednesday of the month, but not in December as the pub will understandably be busy.

Well that’s a shame Sue, at the start of the sentence I was thinking I’d drop in as I’ll be visiting my brother who lives in Liverton then!

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2023 at 23:11, GrahamJ said:

Thanks Sue.
We’re both looking forward to meeting everyone and the Smugglers sounds like a good opportunity. Could be a good way to start the new year 😊👍🏻

Should I book you in Graham?  Meeting there 2pm for 2.30 lunch.  Looking forward to seeing you.

• 1 month later...
On 19/11/2023 at 10:59, Stratton Jimmer said:

Welcome to the madhouse. As others have said, that's a very nice looking car. Hope to be in the Paignton area next summer with our Spit so will look out for you.

Hope to meet up with you in the Summer.  Let us know when and where you will be. sue@jassy.org.uk.  Look at our Area events on the main website to see what we are up to.

• Like 1