Suppliers

iana

Need to order a few bits to work on the herald, normally pop in to fitchetts or paddocks when we visit family, however this time I need to have the stuff delivered, I’ve found MeV spares who’s prices look extremely competitive or Ang spares (eBay) any comments re quality?

29 minutes ago, iana said:

Need to order a few bits to work on the herald, normally pop in to fitchetts or paddocks when we visit family, however this time I need to have the stuff delivered, I’ve found MeV spares who’s prices look extremely competitive or Ang spares (eBay) any comments re quality?

I’ve used MeV a few times and can recommend 

Paul 

I try where possible to use some of the major suppliers. With glossy websites and in the case of Rimmers catalogues as well.  Some of these actually do invest a lot in our their stock levels for Triumphs and many other classic makes. And we are spoilt sometimes.  If we were looking for bits for say an older Alfa etc we could be up the perverbial creek. But I do counter check prices.   No point spending a tenner if a fiver will do perfectly well.

Quality is a different issue.   Some rubber coolant hoses i had from a major supplier were unreinforced and a new one split as i drove into the carpark for Goodwood Revial.  So wont use them again for hoses. But live and learn.

Regarding delivery Paddocks have never let me down.  Always next working day even when not paid for it and that includes doorskins and wings.   Just might give their top rad hoses a miss.

I used Mev Spares to get hard to find track rod ends for my Scimitar GTE. He was helpful and knowledgeable, supplying good quality versions of the correct parts at a reasonable price.

I've also used ANG, good service too. Fitchetts and Paddocks have been good and I wouldn't hesitate to buy parts from any of the above.

Nigel

I use different suppliers depending on the availability of the part I require, but prices really do vary; one part I bought recently - a brass blanking plug - ranged from £23 down to £4, and it was just a simple part. 

I do prefer Paddocks though, have detoured a few times whilst passing Chester to collect items and if I'm not in the area, their postage rates are very good - sometimes 24 hour delivery from time of order which is amazing and always appreciated. Some suppliers try to impose huge tariffs for what they claim to be 'International' postage, or else just won't supply at all, even parts they're selling on eBay. Canleys are a close second, with body panels usually ordered from T D Fitchett.

Talking about parts/suppliers. Anyone have a source of DECENT Quality Worm drive clips? I`ve had even Jubillee branded ones fail, mostly the small 00/0 size used on fuel hose.

Pete