Car cuts out

iana

As I have been made redundant it’s given me time to sort the herald estate, we had it serviced a while back, it broke down and fault traced to faulty condenser so that was swapped out. Now the car will start and drive on choke, but once its warm if the choke is fully in the car cuts out, it will run if the choke is partly out (about 1/4 inch). does tye carb need richening up a tad or is the timing slightly off? theres going to be loads of stupid questions over the next few weeks.

the first part of the choke should only increase the idle-speed rather than enrich the mixture - so i'd be inclined to up the idle-speed a bit before over-complicating things.

...... Andy

Posted (edited)

It’s a 13/60. It worked ok before the service and after the service until the condenser packed up. I’ll try upping the revs to start with. Stalls when you pull up as though the tickover isn’t high enough?

Edited by iana

but start with the idle screw , if that makes an easy test .

once you get it hot and she idles you can adjust the mixture , 

if you take a look at the diaphragm  if its wrinkled and wont go back nicely  wash it in petrol it will resume its correct shape

Pete

My 13/60, had a similar issue. After I had had the tank out. That was corrected by replacing Points/condenser. I cleaned the Air filter and checked the idle setting, still seeems a bit on the rich side to me but the lift pin say`s otherwise?. As if I Lean it off it cuts out. Once I can get out of out the Garage and run it  really hot, I`l have another go at it. As well as an Oil/filter change.

Pete