Second Hand Parts Suppler

AidanT

I take it from your address you haven't been there? I live quite close, I've been down there a couple of times, strange place! It's a large private house with 3 or 4 barns, well not barns, more very big sheds. You have to wait outside the gates, phone them up and they let you in.There's a dozen Triumphs out side the sheds and the sheds are packed with bits.

I got the impression they'd moved from business premises and were down sizing and try to shift the old stock. They were quite vague about where what I was looking for might be so I found the parts myself. I wouldn't buy anything unseen but fine if you want to have a rummage.

I haven't had any problems with the things I bought.

What did you buy?

• Like 1

Hi Doug

No not near but I called them up after a bit of an email correspondence, I was looking for an original Choke cable, the one with a detachable knob, said they had exactly what I needed but sent me what I can only describe as an old piece of tat

I guess itd best to do business face to face with them with the part in your hands!

Aidan

Hi Aidan,

My only experience with them is from over 30 years ago when they were based much closer to Reading - at the time I was looking for a car for a friend of mine and was not very impressed with the quality of their stock and the way I was treated. So much so that I never felt inclined to return.

As I said, that was a long time ago, they could have improved.

......... Andy

Andy, yes the stock was run down and the parts, well, if you knew what you were looking for you might find what you wanted. The staff, (singular} just let me wander around. As I recall I had to ask to be let out! :lol:

Aidan, I looked on Rimmers and the say the choke is the same on mk2s and 3s, I didn't know my knob was detachable! :o

My dealings are the same as Doug's, but they certainly came up trumps with hard to find bits trying to fully restore my GT6 Mk1; I suspect you have been unlucky.  My experience with many of the suppliers, including some of the 'big' ones are that if it is not clearly listed on the PC they may not fully understood the nuance of a part you are after and the only way is to stand in front of them.  Again, hard won experience drives me to people like Jigsaw and Canley's who actual work on the cars as well, and the Club shop of course.

Dick

I've used them since the late 80's and always found them to be fine. They don't seem too hot on grading the stuff they strip off cars and storage is just a barn/shed, so going in person to select what you want is probably the best policy. Being local, that's what I've always done.

Richard