sub standard parts again !

david lewis

i fitted a pair of what were purported to be genuine woodhead monroe rear shocks to my 13/60  14 months ago and after  only about 800 miles they have the resistance of  a piece of elastic,i changed them for a new pair from moss for a third of the price  and a much better ride and no clonks.

i phoned the supplier (an ebay seller of classic car parts ) and the reply was the warranty was 12 months only so no refund.

the shocks were labeled as woodhead and were the correct blue colour but are probably  a chinese or indian copy.

grrrr !

Not fakes, but a company has no dougt bought the name.

Just like Borg and beck, Frontline bought that name. Sports direct own numerous once-decent brand names and sell dubious quality stuff under those labels. It is everywhere....

We used to stock the Monroe shocks in the club shop, but were told by our wholesale supplier that they no longer made the units to fit our cars. I would suspect that the ones on ebay were old stock, Although that should not have made any difference. I am still looking for a good "standard" shock to sell alongside the GAZ adjustables.

Juppy.

Is it worth (if not already done so) contacting GAZ to see if they can construct a "standard shock" suitable for TSSC needs ?? 

I rate GAZ very much and I'm sure this is something they may be interested in.

Regards.

Richard.