nearside wheel proud of the wheel arch/wing

Hi folks.

Vitesse Mk1 2Litre, 

The nearside wheel/tyre (185 width) looks like it sticks out a bit from the side of the wing/wheel arch.

There looks to be about 1/2" difference compared to the offside (which looks to be just inside the wing).

Any pointers on this regarding steering/suspension etc.

All the bushes look bulging/perished and I have a kit to replace when I have some time.

The car has been restored at some time with a lot of new panels I think. So maybe, badly fitted bonnet panels/bulk head etc?.

Any advice great thanks.

Cheers, Dave

As a simple check, take measurements from data points on both sides to the chassis rails - just pick matching seams or bolts on suspension components and bulkhead / bonnet outer edges to the edge of the chassis; also from the top of the suspension turrets to the same point on either side. This will let you know if anything is off-line, for example if the chassis is twisted, if the bulkhead has been incorrectly fitted, or if there is a mis-match in components or shimming - it may possibly be just one wider wheel than the other? Swap the wheels over and see if the problem is still on that side.