TRIUMPH HERALD & VITESSE ( BONNET TOP BUFFERS ) Part No CD22869

Paul H

These bonnet buffers are available on Ebay price £2.99 + £2.99 postage - expensive but if they fit all well and good -

Received a pair today and the bonnet hole ( mine anyway is 6mm ) and there is no way the rubber stops will fit other than drilling the bonnet by a further 2mm which im not prepared to do 

post-1431-0-74441100-1472635471_thumb.jpg

Thess are the small buttons that keep the bonnet edge away from the base of the screen

Caspers link is the correct part

Club shop sell good grade threaded support cones , the ones doug mentions

Pete

I've just bought some polyurethane bonnet cones from Rimmers as I was fed us with adjusting the relatively new but crumbling rubber ones on my car. Unfortunately, the GT3 Mk3 cones screw into a sliding captive nut and the Rimmers ones have the wrong thread. I'll be complaining and sending back tomorrow...

Next stop the Club ones - need to order a few other bits anyway!

Gully

Does this seem like theres some metric threads creeping in to supplies

these captive nuts do get abused. Left loose , nashed and trashed has someone tapped oversize it to reclaim a thread ???

The captive nuts look in decent enough condition and the existing cones screw in with no problems at all. The nuts supplied with the new polyurethane cones don't fit the removed cone threads, so could be a case of metrication, or just error. The new cones came with two nuts and two anti-shake washers on each thread, so clearly not expecting to be screwed into a 1970s captive nut!

Gully