New battery for Vitesse

68vitesse

Been looking for a new battery for my Vitesse three year warrantee ones lead acid technology four year ones calcium, is there any reason the newer type of battery should not be fitted?, I have an alternator fitted.

Currently using a 038 although I know others have fitted a 063.

Regards

Paul

Hello Paul.

Worth having a look at the batteries that Halfords do. They are good quality and often do excellent deals - worth keeping an eye on.

My Vitesse has a Yuasa 063 non sealed; although next time around it will be a sealed unit.

You can go for a larger battery, obviously you need to ensure it fits the tray and the terminals are suitable and positioned correctly.

Regards.

Richard.

Another vote for Halfords though prices have moved higher since I purchased 3 months ago , purchased at £52 now £67 . Main reason for purchasing is that I can take back if battery fails within 3 years . One tip is to add receipt in plastic bag and leave under battery

Hope this helps

Paul

Hello Paul.

The reason I posted the 2x links, earlier, is that these batteries use the calcium system - which I think is the question you were seeking answers too ??

As such, your question is answered and supported by the very battery that Yuasa have identified, namely the 038 and 063 with calcium plates "Ca".

Regards.

Richard.

To get a decent price from Halfords you really need to get/borrow a tradecard. About 30% off.......

Been very happy with Bosch or Varta batteries, available from ECP, usually to collect locally and with the everlasting discount codes.