Sad old Spitfire

Tricky

Spotted this sad old lady on a walk last weekend.

I think it’s beyond restoration but there are some interesting spares, some of which would do my GT6 Resto !

I’ll need to do some asking around to see who owns it.

E3BDBB73-3A15-4084-A003-A7ECDC2A9F19.jpeg

84D7C0C8-5B24-4310-9F2F-01B78169A21F.jpeg

172E852C-8A65-4BA7-8970-48E716F073B3.jpeg

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

like the re profiled wheel arches.    , wonder what failed first the car or the trailer 

Pete

Yes the car has actually fallen through the wooden platform of the trailer !

42 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

The Chrome work looks in remarkably good condition, original colour yellow? Or is that undercoat? Is that RS on the number plate? If so first registered in Reading, a long way from home?

db

Quite right on chrome and colour Doug - blue respray over saffron shade of yellow. Chrome not too bad  

I think the number plate (which I blurred for privacy) was actually Aberdeenshire if I remember correctly, as it ends with the RS. It’s an F plate  

Yes, Aberdeen! I was looking on the wrong site. Being in possession of the full registration,have you looked it up on the DVLA vehicle enquiry site? Be interesting to find out when it was last taxed and get  idea how long it's been in the field.

db

11 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Yes, Aberdeen! I was looking on the wrong site. Being in possession of the full registration,have you looked it up on the DVLA vehicle enquiry site? Be interesting to find out when it was last taxed and get  idea how long it's been in the field.

db

First registered February 1968. Tax ran out August 1990. No MOT information. Shown as black. 

• 1 month later...