LED bulbs

dougbgt6

My instruments were all a bit dim last night coming home from the club meeting and I'm once again contemplating LEDs. Searched the old threads, but all the Ebay links are too old and no longer on Ebay. Are the club shop ones worth the price or are there any Fleabay recommendations?

Doug

My experience with eBay dash lights were that they were effective and a fraction of the price of the shop’s version though were very fragile and easily broken . The led will easily part with the body of the lamp. This isn’t helped as the led bulbs are larger than original and can be broken when fitted. I’ve gone back to standard bulbs for the time being 

Paul

Pete,

Yes indeed I had the Autoglym out yesterday. I've got two shows this month Hurst Horse Show, car show and Twyford Village fete car show. Although the Twyford venue, Stanlake Meadow, has around 40 traveller caravans that appeared last Sunday.  Unlikely we will get them out and clean it up before the event. It happened last year and the council took "decisive measures" to prevent future invasions. So that worked then! :lol: Our council taxes well spent. :angry:

Doug

Hi Doug. I've PM'ed you about the Hurst Show. RE: LEDs - one thing you have to be aware of is longer/bigger LED bulbs - particularly the cluster type - touching and breaking the green dome filter inside the instrument.  Once that's happened, there's no going back to an incandescent bulbs. I've got the following in the Spit (that I can find in my fleabay record) and some others:-

2X GREEN BA7S LED DASHBOARD GAUGE WARNING SWITCH BULB CLASSIC CAR GLB281 LLB281 and

2x GREEN JAGUAR Mk2 TRIUMPH TR3 TR4 TR6 SPEEDO / REV COUNTER LED GAUGE BULBS

and they're OK, but I wouldn't call them extra bright.

Cheers, Richard

Doug. These are very similar to the ones that I bought

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/UPTO-10X-E10-SMD-5050-5-LED-Bulbs-Mes-Screw-Torch-Headlamps-Dashboard-Light-12V-/222960989460?nav=SEARCH

Probably worth a try for the price. I have had no problems with the cluster type. They are very bright. Sorry, cannot find the original seller who I bought mine from.

• 2 months later...